Holi is just around the corner, while it is a fun festival to celebrate Holi, but it can affect your skin hair & nails adversely, all thanks to the harmful chemicals in colours. Even if you use organic colours, you still need to protect your skin, hair & nails, so that it doesn’t get damaged with the other skin irritants present in the colour and also prepping the skin so that the colour comes easily out of the skin.
We have these 6 amazing tips that will help you play Holi in a way that will safe guard your skin against harmful chemicals & irritants.
- Tip 1- A day before Holi and on the morning of Holi, apply body oil all over your body and massage it into
skin. You may use coconut oil, almond oil or any other body massage oil. This hydrates & Moisturizes skin so that it absorbs less color. This step is really crucial as it can prevent harmful irritants to enter inyour skin. P.S: Never Forget this Step
- Tip 2- Message your hair with almond oil before stepping out, make a nice tight bun to prevent further damage to your hair stands.
- Tip 3- Protect your nails – Do not neglect your nails as that is where colors can settle. Save your nails from damage by keeping them short and painted with
a darknail polish. Rub a little olive oil on the nails before touching colors as this will act as a shield and not let them stain easily. You can remove the polish after Holi and reapply a fresh coat.
- Tip 4- Never forget sunscreen lotion before stepping out. Use at least SPF 50 for your face and body. Apply it almost half an hour before stepping out.
- Tip 5- Post Holi Skin Care- Use a gentle
face-washand body wash (preferably oil based) all over and gently scrub the skin with a loofah to get rid of the color. Use a mild body and face scrub if needed. Scrubshould not be harsh and coarse. As your skin must be already irritated you don’t want it to further irritate it. You can also use GlamvedaD tanhttps://www.glamveda.com/product/glamveda-glow-d-tan-mud-pack/ mud pack, which is enriched with Vitamin E, aloeveraand Milk Protein which will help you to get rid of the colorand also nourishes the skin.
To tackle mild dryness or rash use
- Tip 6- To tackle redness and rashes -The redness or a rash is caused by an allergic reaction to the irritants and harmful metals and engine oils present in Holi
colors. Always use a good moisturizer or aloeveragel to soothe skin afterwards, If the allergy persists consult a dermatologist immediately.